lördag 9 januari 2010

Avatar again... just curious

My last post was about the movie Avatar and its work with social media. This one will just discuss Twitter followers... and Avatar again.

In six months and less than 160 tweets, Avatar managed to get over 20.000 Twitter followers, just discussing a movie that would be shown at the cinemas anyway. It's not like the followers could influence the content. It's not even likely that they'll receive any free tickets or see it before anyone else. It's a movie for heaven's sake! When you've seen it, it's over!

I can understand that Barak Obama has three million followers as he's actually ruling an important country. I can also understand that Britney Spears attracts a lot of followers (even though it amazes me that she attracts one more million followers than Obama himself). But a movie? This will keep my brain busy until someone helps me out here!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar